An international Poetry translation workshop will take place in Riga from 11 to 17 September 2017.
Five British and four Latvian writers will participate in the workshop. Writers will also meet Latvian students of literary translation and perform at the final event – reading and discussion in NicePlace on 16 September at 18:00.
British participants are:
- Ryan Van Winkle, a poet, live artist, podcaster and critic living in Edinburgh,
- Llŷr Gwyn Lewis, a Welsh-language writer and one of Literary Europe Live’s New Voices from Europe 2017,
- Kathrine Sowerby, a writer living in Glasgow,
- William Letford, a Scottish poet,
- MacGillivray (Kirsten Norrie), a Scottish poet and musician.
Latvian participants are:
- Inga Pizāne, a poet and songwriter,
- Henriks Eliass Zegners, a young poet and music critic,
- Eduards Aivars, a poet, short prose writer, essayist and a long-time literary mentor,
- Jelena Glazova, a poet.
More details are to be announced in August.
Photo: Henriks Eliass Zēgners