THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED.
Today eight countries, including Wales, are launching an open call for writers to apply to take part in the Ulysses’ Shelter residency exchange programme. For the first time, we are inviting emerging Welsh screenwriters as well as prose writers, poets and translators to apply for a residency in Europe during the 2023-2024 programme. The selected candidates will receive a financial award and all travel, accommodation and a daily subsistence allowance will be covered. The residencies are for periods of at least two weeks at a choice of seven locations during the following periods.
- Mljet, Croatia: November 2023 – March 2024 (dates will be specified based on availability)
- Ljubljana, Slovenia: June 2024 and end of August to the first half of September 2024
- Larissa, Greece: August-September 2024
- Belgrade, Serbia: February-March 2024
- Valletta, Malta: during Spring months in 2024
- Prague, Czech Republic: November 2023
- Mallorca, Spain: October 2023 (screenwriters only – separate call)
For full details on how to apply, please download the full calls in English or Welsh
Applications must be sent to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by midnight on June 18, 2023 and the successful applicants will be announced in late July / early August.
For any further questions about the open call, you can contact us at the above addresses with subject line ‘Ulysses’ Shelter enquiry’.
Photo: Esyllt Angharad Lewis in Valetta, Malta, May 2023