Our aims in detail.
LAF aims to:
- to foster intercultural dialogue through literature and translation within the EU and with third countries, and in particular with EU neighbours in the Mediterranean region.
- improve access to lesser-known literatures,
- encourage greater diversity in international literary events and in the publishing of literature for all age groups;
- develop innovative approaches to literary creation, promotion, support for translation and training of literary translators
- act as a catalyst for new multilateral collaborations and innovative projects bringing literature into interaction with other art-forms and exploring the social and political role of writing;
- stimulate debate on relevant policy and financing at national and European level;
- create opportunities for the exchange of ideas, transfer of skills and knowledge, and sharing of experiences and resources.